
So I've had a few people intersted and/or confused about how I've had my kids. For both Tyler and Benson I went to a free-standing (no hospital attachments) birthing center called The Baby Place in Meridian, ID. I go to all my prenatal appointments there just like everyone else. They draw blood, do ultrasounds, etc. The difference is I get to do whatever I want while in labor. They don't offer any type of anestheic or hook you up to 12 IV's and a fetal monitor - but still check baby's heartbeat frequently. It's a quiet, dim-lit, serene atmosphere. If you really want to birth in the tub you can, otherwise they recommend a birthing stool. This position allows your pelvis to be more open by 30% and gravity helps a ton! This means no episiotomy and much less tearing, if any.

if you want more info you can check it out at www.thebabyplacehome.com - sorry, it wouldn't let me post it as a link
*Not saying it's the best for everybody, but that it should still be an option. It sucks doctors and politicians are trying to shut places like these down.



4 comments:
My cousin is half Mexican and her grandmother in Chihuahua Mexico had TWELVE babies by squatting on her bed holding to a rope they had secured overhead. Hey...if it worked for her 12 times....
That's not what I was picturing... So this was an all natural birth then?
i know its hard to explain. and yep - only drugs i got was ibuprofen after
you should link their video. Maybe in ten years I'll open a place just like it here in Jackson. It would be awesome! XOXO
Post a Comment