Friday, February 5, 2010

Our New Addition

I guess better late than never, right?
I had convinced my mom to come a whole week before my due date because I had been having so many contractions throughout my pregnancy. AND since Tyler came a few days early she didn't make it for his birth. So of course she gets here and no baby. My sister was also here for an entire week and running out of time before she had to go back home to her family.
So Jan. 23rd, 3 days late - 1 week before my mom had to go home and 1 day before my sister had to leave - my water broke at 7:00am. And just like with Tyler, nothing happened for quite a while. By 3:00 I was having regular contractions about 5 mins apart. At 4ish I posted something on facebook that didnt even make sense. 5:00 we called my midwife, made it to the birthing center about 6:30, painfully pushed about 10 mins and our chubby boy came at 7:19pm. I couldn't have been happier it was over so fast!
He was a whopping 8lbs 8oz - way bigger than we expected, and 22 inches long. He looks nothing like Tyler did when he was born so I'm anxious to see what he'll look like soon
Tyler - 6lbs 8oz Benson Matthew

2 comments:

Carling Family said...

Congrats! He is such a cute little guy. Ady and Easton's delivery and weights were totally different just like your boys. It is funny your little guys look nothing alike but both cuties! I hope your feeling well and enjoying your new life with two kids!

Celeste said...

They are so cute! Benson is so much chubbier than Tyler.